When our committee board sat down to discuss our 1st Annual Back to School Drive, we knew we wanted to create an impact like never before, and we achieve just that. One of the many questions that we have received was, “Why host a back to school drive?” The answer was simple: The more prepared and equipped a child is, the better they will perform in the classroom.” However, it was the statics that showed us the importance of helping underprivileged children gain access to school supplies.
Children often pay for the financial situations their parent face and it consequently undermines every area of their live’s including their education. This, in turn, causes children to suffer from lower self-esteem, negatively affecting their performance in the classroom. It was important for the Speak Loud Incorporated team to translate this message within our campaign.
- Average household planned spending remains in the $500’s this year (up to $510 from $501 in 2017) 
- At schools at which 75% of students were eligible for free or reduced-price school lunch, teachers spent more than $1,000
- 63.5% of middle school students are eligible for free or reduced-price school lunches 
- Publix: Corporate sponsor and donor.
- 5Star Drinks: Corporate sponsor and official drop off location.
- Lady & The Mug: Corporate sponsor and official drop off location.
Financials & Donations
- Donated over $1000 of school supplies and backpacks to Kid in Distress, a licensed nationally accredited agency working for the prevention of child abuse, preservation of the family, and the treatment of abused and neglected children.
- Helped send over 30 children in elementary and middle school with backpacks and supplies to school this year.
- Received donations from sponsors from all over the US, like Elements Watches, amongst others.
We are absolutely thrilled with all of the outpouring of support that our Back to School Drive received this year! We’d like to thank our corporate sponsors, as well as our community and social media advocates for supporting our cause. The plans we have for our 2019 Back to School Drive campaign are already in motion. If you’d like to stay up to date on information, subscribe to our newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/crci99